Rest and relax, right here
Picture this: Sunny seascapes. Chef-prepared meals. Intimate vineyard tours and brewery visits. You might be surprised to learn it’s all right here in Kemah. Whether you’re planning a getaway with a special someone or taking time to reconnect with friends, Kemah brings together casual comfort and the finer things in life for a hassle-free and relaxing stay.
Uncork the fun
With Clear Creek Vineyard, you don’t have to travel all the way to Napa to get your vineyard fix. Clear Creek Vineyard offers winery tours and tastings, or just a great space to lounge and sip delicious wines.
If you’re looking to bring tropical flavors into your wine glass, look no further than Paradise Tropical Wines. Move over grapes: these wines feature a variety of fruit juices to create their signature flavors.
Image courtesy of Clear Creek Vineyard.
The perfect pint
Don’t worry, we didn’t forget the brewskis. Kemah has plenty of favorites nearby that offer a range of delicious beers to hit the spot. Like Galveston Bay Beer Company—an independent craft brewery that features 12 beers on tap and serves up a tasty Cajun food menu. And no grown-up trip to Kemah is complete without visiting Skallywags. Located in the Lighthouse District, Skallywags is a pirate-themed bar with a wide selection of pints and great grub. Stop by to satisfy your inner Buccaneer.
Date night eats
Whether you’re in the mood for something casual, cozy or next-level fine dining, Kemah has something nearby to set your night off on the right track.
Prohibition 52 has all the ingredients for the quintessential casual date night: live music, scratch-made food, an extensive selection of whiskey and—you guessed it—52 constantly changing taps. Not your style? Step up your dining game with eculent. This world-class, fine-dining restaurant is helmed by Chef David Skinner, who brings together the perfect flavors, scents, sights and sounds to feed guests on every level.
Capture the breathtaking views of Kemah’s “golden hour” with a private sunset cruise. Traveling with a group? Take up to 12 passengers out on the water with Captain Matt of Sailaway Clear Lake Charters. Want to dine while you sail? Windward SeaVenture has a tasty menu to choose from, so you can make your sunset cruise as unforgettable as the Kemah sky.
Image Courtesy of Sailaway Clear Lake Charters.
Stay in style
Whether cozying up in one of Kemah’s bed and breakfasts or enjoying the deluxe accommodations of a hotel—you’re sure to find incredible views and Texas-style hospitality.
- A Captain’s Quarters – This Bed & Breakfast offers access to private balconies and beautiful water views.
- Clipper House Inn – One of Kemah’s oldest Bed & Breakfasts, Clipper House Inn offers 1930s cottages surrounded by tranquil gardens—setting the mood for any romantic getaway
- Kemah Boardwalk Inn – You can’t go wrong staying right in the middle of it all with this amazing inn, located on the Kemah Boardwalk.
- Courtyard by Marriott Houston/Kemah – Marriott hotels are known for their hospitality and comfort the world over. Kemah’s Courtyard by Marriott is no exception. Book a room here and relax in style!
- Days Inn Kemah – Days Inn is a great way to get away while sticking to a budget, without sacrificing quality.